My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A 3-D Nativity Card

Hello!

I was trying to transfer an Advent calendar to my blog and it would not work - no matter what I did! So I decided to look at some other things on the site and I found this wonderful 3-D Nativity scene and knew immediately that I had to make a 3-D card with it! You can print it in either black and white or in color and all of their project templates are free! The site is called Paper Toys and they have wonderful templates! Check them out at http://www.papertoys.com/

I wanted to color the images with markers so I printed the black and white template.


I colored the individual images using markers . . . .

cut them out and added Crystal Stickles to the yellow on the halos, the star and rays, a bit on one of the three wisemen's robe and a touch on the crowns and gifts . . . .

attached all of the pieces to a card and added dots to form a border and a few tiny stars . . . .

and Whalaa! A 3-D Christmas card! I loved how it turned out! :<)



This is the inside of the card.

I am so happy with the card that I am tempted to make it as my Christmas card to send this year but although it didn't take a huge amount of time to make - it is too labor intensive to make many and I would have to revise the baby Jesus image so it can fold. I may just do this yet! :<)

For now, I put it on my apartment door and it looks lovely! Very colorful and sparkly!

Thanks for stopping by today!

I also printed a template for a 3-D Santa and will have that to share soon!

Wishing you a creative day! It's so fun to try something new - and have it work! :<)

Barbara Diane

8 comments:

Ank said...

Wow Barbara, I love this card. Great job.

Ank

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Barbara.
luv
Debby

Debbi said...

Oh, that's wonderful!! I just love that it is 3D, and you did such a wonderful job creating your card. Thanks for sharing!
*smiles*
debbi

Duendes said...

hello Barbara,how nice you are very good work.many kisses.

Linda said...

Hi Barbara
What a great card, it's very beautiful
hugs Linda

Ann said...

That turned out just beautiful. I love it. I can't imagine making multiple cards like that to send, it would take my until next year to finish them :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, this is sooo great. I just love it. TFS.

Zwergenwelt said...

♥so very cute and beautiful!!!Hugs, Cornelia