My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Saturday, November 16, 2013

My Graphic 45 'The Magic of Oz' Photo Journal

Hello!

Finally - my photos of The Magic of Oz photo journal! I have been struggling with my camera and lighting for a week now - and I finally have photos I can share. I love Graphic 45 paper collections - they are so beautiful. The cost is higher but all of the papers are 2 sided and with so many images one can create so many projects from them. I started out with an Archiver's Graphic 45 kit so I could get the basic book, cardstock and instructions on how to put it together and I did follow their ideas to begin with, but then I took off on my own - and it was a wonderful, fun time! I had a great time making the halloween house and photo journal that I previously posted, but this was a whole different level! I have tried to put the photos in order that the page turning makes sense. It is a long post but I hope that you enjoy.seeing the finished project. I am now working on a book that opens to a 3-D scene - love it!

Here it is - many hours of fussy cutting (with each edge colored in black marker) and many character are multiple images pasted together to make it 3-D and lots of Stickles for added bling.








The above page opens to right.


The small page above then opens  to the left.




The small page to the left of the center then folds back in and the above page then folds back to the left over it - and the entire page folds to the left.

There is a little book behind the scarecrow that opens.

The scarecrow page then opens to the left.



There is a ribbon tab on upper right that pulls out the attached double fold page.


Then the wicked witch page folds in to the left and the pullout lies flat on top of it.

Then opens to see the other side.


Another little book is behind the ghost.


The page above folds out to the right.

And the small page above folds out to the left (and will be folded back in when the page is turned).



Small card can be removed.


The above page folds back in to the left.



Here are 4 pull-out tabs - each is 2-sided. You can see them sticking out in the photo above. One side may have open space for a photo or writing and/or one of the fun ads in the paper collection.



Well, that's it - my Oz creation. I hope that you liked it! It was very time consuming and took a long time - but the photos are what took me so long to get it posted! I hope I have that problems solved now! Wishing you a great weekend!

Hugs,


Barbara Diane

5 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Wowser Barbara Diane-this is oh so cool!You put a lot of work into this. I always look forward to your Oz creations!!! Thanks for shairng this dandy mini!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow Barbara, this is amazing. I just love those papers and the way you used them in your book.

Duendes said...

Hello my friend,
the magic of your cards delights me...
have a wonderful week.
big hugs.

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

This is AMAZING!!! I would love the how-to's for all the interactive pages! A beautiful, beautiful job!

Alexandra♥ said...

This one is stunning too!