My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Part 2 - The Birthday Card


Hello!

This is Jim's birthday card that I made him to go with the cake in the box I posted yesterday. It was the first time I have made a pop-up card using this technique and it took me a long time to make. I cut out the saying on the front and the one on the cake, as well as the presents, hats and cupcake on the cake, from one patterned paper and used another patterned paper for the front and inside of the card. For the 'frosting edges' on the cake I first colored with a white marker and then added Crystal Effects to give it dimension.






Thank you for stopping by today to visit my blog! I apologize for being late to return visit all of you who have left me a lovely comment but I hope to catch up today! Wishing you a day of cool  breezes!

Barbara Diane

9 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! These are spectacular creations. Awesome pop card and the cake in the box is amazing!

Linda said...

Wow you did a great job, I think your son love the box and the card. The card is very beautiful
hugs Linda

Unknown said...

Whoever gets this card and box prezzie will be amazed they are both fabulous great work Barbara well done Hugs Elaine

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow Barbara - the card is just perfect ! They area a fabulous set .
Thanks for the comment re my donkey card .. and here is a link -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_rides which will explain their history with the British seaside
Lisa x

Katie said...

I love the pop up card! It is beautiful!

Elizabeth Allan said...

I thought the cake-in-a-box was tremendous, but now you've added this dimensional card too!! Fabulous Barbara!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love the card. I'll bet that took forever to make. TFS.

Ann said...

wow that's some card. Very impressive. I can tell a lot of love went in to making that

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so many fun details and the perfect dp for a festive card. I am sure he will love it!!!