My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My First Book Box with Graphic 45 Oz

Hello!

My first box book - and of course I had to use some of my remaining Graphic 45 Oz papers! I was channel surfing Sunday night and hit on Channel 31 and there was the original Wizard of Oz movie with Judy Garland - and it was just beginning! My son Jim was visiting and I hurried out to the living room to tell him to hurry in as his favorite movie The Wizard of Oz was on! It was such fun to watch it again - I forget details like the wicked witch attempting to set the scarecrow on fire with a flaming broom. Jim's favorite scene is the wicked witch melting - he loves it. This trivia detail I didn't know - do you know the original color of Dorothy's shoes before the technicolor version of the movie? 

Here is my book - what fun this was to make! I first painted it black and then hours of cutting and pasting again - inside and out! All the inside images are fussy cut and layered on the background paper to give it a 3-D look. I am really happy with this first attempt and am now working on a second book with another of the new Graphic 45 papers - Mother Goose!








It is cold here in this part of WI - I guess the snow is not going away this time. Today I got good news and bad news. The good news is that I get a new stove in my apartment. The bad news is that I don't get it until Friday so no oven for the turkey dinner. I guess that isn't as bad as having the stove quit with the turkey in it - it was bad enough that on Sunday the baked potatoes were still almost raw after 1 1/2 hours and I had to put the meatloaf in the microwave to finish cooking it. I took the potatoes to the apartment manager yesterday as 'proof' and today the maintenance man was just here and the oven thermometer stayed at 100. So - a new stove! I have been wanting one for so many years now - it has been repaired 4 times now over the 10 years I have been here. It is one of the original stoves from like 1978! But now I need to rethink what we are having for our Thanksgiving dinner when Jim comes back to visit!

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

4 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Barbara :-) Your book is amazing and I so love the inside...its just stunning

TFS and crafty hugs Annie xx

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh so wonderful Barbara Diane!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is amazing. I love the inside. I hope you're able to think of something yummy for dinner. Sorry you have to wait til Friday for your new stove. :(

Alexandra♥ said...

Your creation is beautiful!!! Love it!