My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, February 22, 2010

Easel Card Topper on Matchbox

Hello!

I love the easel card! It is such a great way to show off a special card without a stand. I also love the matchbox die and so I decided to see if I could combine the two. This is my easel card topper on a matchbox. :<)

Closed:
Open:
To make the easel card topper, cut a strip of matching CS that is twice the length of the top of the matchbox and score the strip in half and then score the remaining half in half. Hope that makes sense. :<)

This longer piece will become the structure to hold the easel card front. Cut another piece of CS that is the same dimension as the top of the match box. This piece will be the actual card front.

Once again I used one of the SU landscape DP and cut out the flowers/leaves (I first colored them in with my matching SU markers to make a solid print).

Fold at the score lines and cover the longer end of the strip with DP. Create a card front.


Put adhesive strips on the end piece. I love and use Score Tape when I want to be sure of the pieces staying glued together. I also used Snail in the portion between the tape.

Remove the strips and attach the card front. **BEFORE YOU DO THIS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT LAYOUT! Easy to put this on backwards - ask me, I know! :<)

This is how the matchbox and the easel card should look before you combine them.


Attach the easel card to the matchbox and there you have it! :<)

I then attached additional flowers with dimensionals to create a raised edge to anchor the easel card behind when it was opened.



Thanks for stopping by today!

I hope you enjoyed the easel card topper on the matchbox! :<)

Barbara Diane

9 comments:

helen said...

Hello Barbara,

This is beautiful! It would make a great gift.

Ellen Kemper said...

This is so cute!

And your tutorial is wonderful. I thought I was looking at a Patti Lee tutorial for a minute there.

I don't know what I need this matchbox to hold but you have inspired me to make one.

I'll figure out what to do with it later!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

This is ADORABLE! I cannot wait to try it! Thank you for sharing! Blessings, Sharon

csroyal said...

I'm loving this! I've seen the easels on boxes, but there's something just too darn cute about this smaller version! I bet you'll see something like this in the future on my blog!

Zebiline said...

Oh my god thats so cute!!! I love the little gift and i must try it. Thank you for the inspiration and for the great tutorial!

Blessing and hugs!
Gaby >^..^<

Jackie Thomas said...

Wow Barbara. You are so clever. I just love this idea and your tutorial is fantastic. Will have to give this one a go. Love it. I hope you are well. xo Jackie

Primitive Seasons said...

Barb I love the color combo on this project. So clever. Thanks for sharing directions with us!

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

MaryR said...

this is adorable - love it!

Angela Toucan said...

gorgeous, and so clever