My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, July 2, 2012

Using Texture for 'A Day For Daisies' Challenge


Hello!

The heat is so intense in this part of WI that I have picked an Easter image for this card with fond thoughts of cool spring weather - maybe a little snow on the ground!

Today's card is my entry into the current challenge at "A Day For Daisies" - using 'Texture' as the theme. The  image is a Daisies digital image called "Easterload" and I love this sweet little person! For the different textures I have first paper painted with 3 different patterned papers for the dress, the egg and the flowers - I love fussy cutting! Then I used Crystal Effects on the flower petals and her dress and added Stickles to the Easter egg and to her hair. Go to 
http://adayfordaisies.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges to see all of the entries and the creative ways texture was used!




All this week we are to continue to have temperatures in the high 90's and tomorrow it is to be 99 again - don't even want to think of what the heat index will be! We have a chance of a thunderstorm today but only 30 % and as the storms have been passing us by for so long I don't know if that will happen. We need rain badly and the daily heat warnings are scary. Wishing you a good Monday!

Barbara Diane

7 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

fabulous paper piecing and i love the glossy flowers.
Glad you managed to find information about the donkey rides..its a real tradition at the seaside here
Lisa x

Elizabeth Allan said...

The glossy accents add a beautiful shine and dimension to the images!

Ann said...

Wonderful card. Your cards always impress me with all the details you put in to them.
Try and stay cool.

Rhonda Miller said...

It's been unbearably hot here. We spend most of our time inside with the air running.

Your card is beautiful.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous. After seeing pics the storms, hope the weather returns to pleasant temperatures soon for you.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Wow Barbara is't she pretty I love her checked dress and glitter hair, what a lovely card well done Hugs Elaine

Barbie said...

I'm admiring your cutting. :) I also love this because it gives some texture and a bit of dimension but is still completely mailable!