My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"White Out" on Meljen's Challenge

Hello!

This week on Meljen's challenge the theme is "White Out" (all white with the exception of the colored image). I love these little "Love Birds" - one of her sweet digital images. I embossed the card base and added a strip of punched border to each side of the card - with a strip of Stickles along the inside edge of each border to add a little sparkle. The sweet birds are fussy cut and glued onto the card. I colored them red as our beautiful cardinals here in this part of WI are one of the few bright colors we see against all of the white of our winters. I added little snowflakes - that were the cutouts from the border - with a bit of Stickles in the centers and attached them with glue dots. 

Go to http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges to see all of the challenge fun - so many great creations!. I just realized that I forgot to add the little heart above their heads that is in the image - but you can see they are in love. :<)




Thank you for stopping by today to visit my blog! Wishing you some color in your life today!

Barbara Diane

6 comments:

Linda said...

What a cute card
hugs linda

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is pretty .. a real snowy scene .. just like the UK lol.. why not enter our white challenge at Crafty Sentiments
Lisa x

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. I love the embossing and glitter.

Robbie said...

Wow! So So pretty. Love the vivid red against the embossed white. Love what you did with the image and the addition of the little snowflakes. Thank You for sharing your creation with us at MelJens in our White Out Challenge.

Unknown said...

WOW! Love how the image pops from the embossed background! Looks awesome! Thank you for joining our Meljen's Challenge this week.
Ruza, MD DT

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Gorgeouss card :) thanks for sharing it with us at Meljen's Designs :)
hugs Ria