My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Princess Has Her Crowns

Hello!

My Princess and The Pea doll has her crowns! It has taken me a long time to get this posted but now I can finally share the beautiful crowns that my brother Richard has created for her! She now sits on her own shelf in all her glory wearing one of her crowns- with the second one ready for a change. 


The first crown is a beautiful creation of five points with tiny rubies. This wirework is so delicate - the Princess wears this crown for everyday. It is her Princess crown.



The second beautiful crown has a extended point in front with a single ruby front and center. The wirework again is so detailed and lovely. This is her Royal Occasion crown.




The crowns arrived in their own little boxes . . . 


and with them was a tiny scroll! What would it say?


It was such a wonderful surprise! My father came to the U.S. from Denmark as a child and my brother created this wonderful scroll for the Princess using his family crest (Nielsen on top and Denmark at the bottom) and giving her name in Danish. It says . . . .

Created Exclusively For:

Prinsessen pa AErten
(Danish for Princess and The Pea)

Created this Fifteenth Day of May, Two Thousand Fourteen

Created by: Richard Juel Nielsen, Danish Crown Artist

How cool is that! To think that my brother took so much time and effort to make this so special touched my heart and made me so happy! Thank you Richard - your kindness means so much to me!



So now the Princess sits proudly on her bed, wearing one of her beautiful crowns and feeling so majestic!


I had to move this doll and small dollhouse/studio to exchange places with the Princess - so now they sit by my workdesk. More wonders to come as my brother had agreed to make a new wooden bed for the Princess - the one I made for her is out of core board so not very sturdy as two of the legs have already bent. I can't wait - it will be the same dimensions to fit the mattresses and dust ruffle and it will be so beautiful I know!

You can see my next project sitting on the table - I hope to finish it soon.


It has been so hot and humid here in this part of WI - hate this heavy air and although we have had rain it has only added to the humidity. Thunderstorms are in the forecast so hopefully they might bring some relief. Wishing you a happy Sunday!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

7 comments:

ike said...

Utterly beautiful work on those crowns - he is an amazing craftsman and this obviously runs in the family with your beautiful work also. !!! :-D
She looks gorgeous and I very much admire all your creations :-)

Hugz
IKE in Greece xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are both beautiful crowns and I love the scrolls. He did a wonderful job on them.

Duendes said...

hi my dearest,
that beautiful crown worthy of a beautiful princess...his brother did a great job!!
big hugs.

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh goodness gracious. You are a real crafty family with such a wonderful history! Very cool-I am so glad you shared this!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Missing you and your posts. Thoughts and prayers are with you
Blessings, Sharon

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Barbara Hope you and yours are well . Love all of your collection and the Princess in her regal finery .
Warm wishes sent from me to you .
Shirley-Anne

Duendes said...

Hi my dear,
wishing a sunny day with tenderness.
big hugs.