My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

WOYW? Wednesday: A Project After A Long Time Away

Hello!

Such a long time since I have posted. Fighting pain and illness since last December and reached a point of no concentration and/or inspiration to create. I have made various birthday cards, etc. but did not photo. I am happy to be back posting and hope that as issues are resolved I can continue. This will also be my first visit to WOYW? and hope that you check out as many of this week's creations as you can! I know I will. Go to http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ and see the list that Julia has for you!

I have created this book for a friend using the Graphic 45 "Secret Garden" collection and would like to share it with you. I painted the paper mache book with white acrylic paint and inside I have layered with lots of fussy cutting and used glitter on many areas to give it depth.











Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today! After much rain and dark days we are now having wonderful sunny Fall weather here in this part of WI. The temperatures are cool but the trees are starting to change and we will have lots of red and orange this year because of the moisture so it will be beautiful!

In the time I have been absent from the blog my cat Jimbo has grown! He was only a 6 pound kitten when I got him in December and he is now a fat and fluffy 13+ pounds! I will share photos soon. Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

11 comments:

Hazel said...

What a wonderful, gorgeous project - your friend will love it. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a great day and a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #47 x

Carole said...

Hello Diane, I'm sorry you were hurting so bad for so long...I can't imagine...I do hope it's resolved and you can get on creating all those fabulous projects. The book looks great. Be well Carole #59

Elizabeth said...

Hello Diane, sorry that you have been ill and not able to blog for a while but I hope the future looks far rosier. Your book project is absolutely stunning and after a quick look at your earlier projects I am so impressed - your work is wonderful. Have a great week and keep well. Elizabeth x #62

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a lovely project! I've picked up a very similar book/box just the other day and thought about altering it. It never occurred to me that I could place a little scene inside like you did. It's so magical! I'm sure your friend will love it! Best wishes, Zsuzsa #64

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your illness, I hope you are feeling better now!
Your book project is beautiful!
Cheers
Gabriele 16

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Barbara and welcome to WOYWW...and back to your blog. Your book is amazing, just beautiful, your friend will love it. Do hope your health continues to improve, Cheers and enjoy your week RobynO#27. ps I just spotted your magic boxes...fabulous

Sue from Oregon said...

I am so happy to read you are feeling better. I do hope you get back to 100% soon! I can see you have not lost your magic crafting touch...the details on this are lovely! Welcome back!

debby4000 said...

Sorry to hear you've had health issues and hope they continue to improve. But it is lovely to see you blogging and with such a gorgeous creation.
luv
Debby

Chrysalis said...

So glad you've ventured over to WOYWW. That is one fantastic project which will be treasured forever. Hope you're feeling brighter, and have a great week. Chris # 29

Duendes said...

Hi my dear,
all your projects are adorable and delights me very.
happy weekend,
big hugs.

Rhonda Miller said...

Hi. I'm so glad to see you posting again. Your projects is beautiful. I love it.