My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Halloween House #2 Part One

Hello!

Another Halloween House to share today. This one was a lot smaller, but I still ended up spending over 30 hours on it. This little house was a gift but I loved how it turned out so much that I didn't want to give it up! :<) This is the first house I have given away.

So here we have the start photos. Jim painted it for me with acrylic black paint and when it was dry I began to cover the house and roof with the basic bottom layer of paper. I am using the Graphic 45 "An Eerie Tale" collection. This little house also opens from the top and is the smallest of a set of three houses - the one I finished first being the largest.

It is always such fun for me to look at these beginning photos after the house is completed and be amazed at what all has been done to the house. I don't have a plan when I begin, just cut as I go and add papers where I think they should be. Love the process of turning a plain black house into a multi-colored and colorful completed work of art! :<)



House walls and roof covered, time to cover the eaves and the chimney with basic bottom layers.




Then it is time to add the trim under the eaves, around the window and strips on the corners.





Tomorrow I will have the rest of the photos of the process and then on Saturday will post the completed house It is much colder here in this part of WI - rainy and gloomy day today. Good day to stay in and work on projects! Wishing you sunshine where you are!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane