My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Another Version of the Flower Petal Card

Hello,

This is the other version of the Flower Petal Card - one I made for my friend Anna who loves cats and has I think 10 of them now. I hope she likes it. :<)

Everything I needed to make the card.

The outside of the card.

The inside of the card.

To close the card, each petal folds in on to the one before it.

Close up of the front of the card.

The finished card - closed and tied shut.

My lovely friend Helen commented that this fold card would make a great ornament. She was right - look how great it is as an ornament! I love to hear other's creative ideas! Thank you Helen! You can see Helen's beautiful blog at http://helenmade.blogspot.com/

Thanks for stopping by today!

I finally was able to visit all of my followers who have a blog - to see what you all are creating and to leave a comment. If I missed anyone, please do let me know! I am now trying to catch up on visiting other bloggers that I also follow and will try to come to visit everyone more often. I absolutely love it when you come to visit me and your comments are what keeps me motivated to create so I want to return the kindness! :<)

We are going to get some snow here soon. This is the first winter that I am anxious of what winter means - the cold, the snow, the ice. The cleaning off and moving the car from the parking lot so the snow plow can get in and then moving it back. The worry of a dead battery. Difficulty in driving to appointments, to get groceries, etc. Fear of ice on the roads and walkways.

I will just have to keep looking at the small sign I keep by my computer that helps me during the difficult times. It wasn't meant to mean 'real weather' but I guess that can fit also! It reads "No Winter lasts forever, no Spring skips its turn." I may have to enlarge the sign!

Wishing you a good day today wherever you are! You are important to me! :<)

Barbara Diane

11 comments:

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Barbara, I admire your work a lot. You have great imagination and talented gold hands. Thank you for making this world more beautiful. Natalia

Conni said...

Wonderfully! So many parts.
The map almost is too nicely to send and if, then only to quite special, lovely people.
Greetings Conni

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful card Barbara.Yes it does makes a super ornament. I have posted details of my address on a return email to you so hopefully you will receive this time. I don't know where the previous e-mails have gone to. If you get it this time perhaps you could put a post on my blog to that effect.
Hugs.
Valery Anne
(aka Mrs A.)

Rhonda Miller said...

Your card is great. That looks like a fun template to have. It does look good as an ornament. TFS.

Zebiline said...

Your card is so lovely and clever! A sweet little gift! Thank you for the tutorial ...
I wish you a happy day ... and no more snow and ice.
Many hugs from
Gaby
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Zwergenwelt said...

Dear Barbara,
thanks for your visit and your nice words!!!
Your card is so beautiful!!!
I can understand what you mean with winter-fear... ist is so cold and dangerous, and we have just a lot of snow today!
I like snow for christmas but now it is to early for me! It is so difficult to drive on the slippy roads and doing the shopping tour for christmas... but what to do?
It is winter!!!
Now i wish you all the best!!!
hugs, cornelia

Unknown said...

That's totally adorable!

Tabitha said...

Love these cards. Thanks for sharing.

Ann said...

OMG that is just totally adorable. Your friend is going to love it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment about my black and white card. I love your flower folded cards, very clever idea.

Monica-FC said...

how neat that card is. that is way different. love it.