My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, August 1, 2011

Snow White

This is so exciting!

As you know, I love Mo Manning's wonderful images. I have a large and growing collection. Sometime she creates one on request. A long time ago I asked if she had any plans to draw Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs as this was my all time favorite fairy tale. She said she also loved that story and that one day she hoped to work on them. I would ask her from time to time if this was still her plan and she would say when her work load calmed down. :<)

Well, she did it! She granted my request! Here is the lovely Snow White created by Mo.

THANK YOU MO!!!

Because of the whole Disney thing, Mo's Snow White was created in the manner of the original fairy tale - and as I had created an extensive file when I was doing research on this story when I made my set of SW&TSD dolls, I wanted to make my first cards using some of the old prints as backdrops. This was more difficult to do than I first thought it would be as I had to do quite a bit of editing and sizing, etc. but I am happy with the results. Keeping in mind that the original Snow Bud was a blonde in many of the illustrations, that is the look I went for. I hope you enjoy!



You can purchase this wonderful image of Snow White on http://www.digitalpenciltoo.blogspot.com/ Tell Mo that Barbara Diane sent you!

Thank you for stopping by today! Tomorrow I have another Snow White card to share. Wishing you a happy day!

Barbara Diane

4 comments:

Elaine L. said...

This is wonderful! It's the first time I've seen this image colored, and I love the background you've used. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a sweet image. I just love your card. TFS.

Ann said...

that is so cute. I loved Snow White when I was a kid

Pat said...

Hi Barbara...how exciting!!! I didn't know Snow White was your request! Sooo cool!! And she's so cute! Mo's images are just magical, aren't they?!! Your card is gorgeous...I love your coloring...and the background scene is perfect!! So tickled that were able to join us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank