My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Mo Manning "Prudence" Doll Project

Hello!

I have not sculpted with clay for a very long time. But when Mo Manning e-mailed me that she was going to be teaching a FREE doll class based on one of her digital images - I was IN. I love Mo's images and to have a chance to make a doll like this was so exciting! The doll is a sweet little girl called "Prudence" - Mo's new image of a young Pilgrim girl.


So far, I have the head and shoes sculpted and sitting on the shelf to dry. We are creating her using an air dry clay. I chose PaperClay as I am familiar with this brand. We used a styrofoam ball covered with clay to sculpt the head. We had a pattern to build the shoes on top of and for placement on the base.


The body base is also styrofoam and I have it cut and waiting to insert the legs/shoes into it and start the next step. You can see the shoe pattern on the base where the doll will stand. I also have painted the base with the first color of acrylic paint.


If you want to see the digital image of "Prudence", go to Mo's site http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/ where you can order her and all of Mo's other wonderful images! If you want to see what the class is all about and maybe make your own doll, you can contact Mo at mo@mauriejmanning.com to ask her about joining Mo's Dollhouse and taking the class.

We had  rain, rain and more rain today in this part of WI. Leaves are all falling off the trees. Wishing you a great day where you are!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

2 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

This sounds like a fun class and I can't wait to see your finished doll. I love Mo's images.

Krisha said...

I am looking forward to seeing her all finished, by you.