My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, March 15, 2010

An Easter Basket Tutorial

Hello!

Today I have a little Easter basket tutorial to share. It is a fun basket to make and can be decorated in so many ways!


The paper is a 8 1/2" x 3 1/2" - scored at 2", 4", 6" and 8" across the paper. Turn and score at 2". Fold on all the score lines and trim as shown in the photo.

Assemble as follows. Enjoy!


The handle is a 1/2" strip cut to the length you want.

And there you have it - a cute little basket! I also cut strips and rounded the corners to fold over the top of the four sides of the basket after I decorated the sides.

The CS I used is SU Summer Sun - sponged on all of the edges of the basket and handle with SU Pumpkin Pie ink - and the designer paper I used is by TPC Studio - love these matching papers! The ribbon I had in my stash and the Easter eggs are malted milk balls.

Aren't these chicks the best! :<) You will be seeing them again this week!

Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I will have more variations of this little basket to share - two finished sizes using the same pattern. :<)

Wishing you a great Monday! We have lots of sunshine and warmer weather in WI! Love it!

Barbara Diane

7 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute and easy to make. Thanks for the tutorial.

Helen said...

What an adorable basket! Love the colors and the chicks. Thanks for the tutorial.

Creations by Patti said...

Barbara: these chicks are so cute!!! Love them "guarding" the basket! hugs!

Kylie said...

What a cute little easter basket! So bright and cheery. Those little chicks are soo cute! Mmmm, I wonder what you're going to do with them tomorrow? ;)

Kylie xo

Carol Hurlock said...

Barbara-this is adorable. I love these sweet little chicks. What a great tutorial. Thanks so much for sharing.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}

disneylisa said...

How wonderfully easy to make and adorable. Thanks so much for all these great ideas.

Cami said...

Oh Barbara,this is such a cute basket and I thank you for sharing your tutorial. I have a problem in my right hand so will try it later, hopefully before Easter! I have to type wih a few fingers only! Hugs, Cami