My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Friday, March 19, 2010

A Tissue Pack Holder Tutorial

Hello!

I wanted to make a small gift box to hold one of the individual tissue packets - so here is my tutorial. No handle on it, as I just wanted a compact little box to fit in a purse that would protect the tissue packet from damage.


Start with a 7 1/2" by 8 1/2" piece of CS - score at 1", 3 1/2", 4 1/2" and 7" on the 7 1/2" side and score at 2", 5 1/2" and 6 1/2" on the 8 1/2" side.

Fold on all the score lines - decorate as you like. I used double panels of CS and DP and attached them to the box with sticky strip. I wanted to use my supply of sticky strip but I can say that Score tape is my preference as I love that tape - you can tear it and NO static cling! :<)


Fold and assemble the box - add the tissue packet. I wanted the box to have flaps that closed over the top of the tissue packet to not only keep them clean but also to hold it securely in place.


Attach a closure - I used velcro.

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial! :<)

Thanks for stopping by!

Wishing you a great weekend! We are gearing up for more snow here in WI - hope it turns out to be of short duration!

Barbara Diane

7 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great idea, thanks for the tutorial.

Mary said...

Beautiful, You sure have not lost your mojo. I think I will try to make this into a svg file for my cricut if you don't mind. This will be so cute to give my sister in law. She always have a baggie full of tissue (all mashed up) in her purse. We all give her such a hard time about it.

Kylie said...

This is a fantastic tutorial Barbara! Such a clever chickie. You make it look so easy.

Kylie ox

Helen said...

This is so clever! Definitely will give this a try.

Jackie Thomas said...

Fab tutorial Barbara. Will definitely make one. xo Jackie

Primitive Seasons said...

Love love love the tissue holder! How clever and you did a great job on the construction and colors. And the Easter Cake card is wonderful too. Nice to visit old techniques isn't it?

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

Cami said...

Excellent tutorial, Barbara! Your diagram and explanations are wonderful. I will have to give this a try. It would make a nice little gift for the gals when we get together to craft! Thank you so much for sharing this! Hugs, Cami