My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Lovely Watercolor Rose


Good Morning!

I was going to post my new pop-up cake today, but it is such a gloomy mornng here in WI that I thought I needed to see some color! The rose on today's card was made using watercolor pencils on colored card stock with a touch of glitter on the edges to make it pop. It is very popular now to make roses using an ink wash on watercolor paper. Since I had no watercolor paper on hand I had to use another technique to make my rose.

I first stamped the rose all over the white card stock using the blue ink. I used a die to cut the blue Top Note and layered it with the coral card stock. Then I stamped the rose on coral card stock and the leaves on celery card stock using white craft ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. The shading on the rose and the leaves was done using watercolor pencils and a blender pen to create depth. I cut out the rose and the leaves and I used glitter to edge the petals. When it was all layered together using dimensionals, it made a lovely card!

Wishing you a great day today!

No comments: