My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, June 1, 2009

Odessa







Today started out as a beautiful, sunny day here in WI but now the sky has become more and more cloudy and it looks like rain again.

I have been working the past two days on my PictureTrail - updating the photos and information, creating new files, etc. I have most of the photos updated - just a few more to add - but still so much writing to do. It has been a lot of work after being away from it for so long, but it is also fun to see all these creations in front of me. The slide shows are great! Especially for large files like my Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs as there are many photos recording the process of creating that set of 8 dolls.

One of the dolls I made this winter was Odessa. Today's photos are of her. She is made from wool felt - my fabric of choice. Her features were created using a technique called Traupunto and I love the results and used it on another doll - of which I have no photo. Odessa is a small doll. Sitting on her moon she is only about 8 1/2 inches tall. Her hair is an acutual wig that I made and it is sewn to her head.

Wishing you a great evening! Check out my PictureTrail if you get a chance. You can find me at http://www.picturetrail.com/whimcees






No comments: