My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Friday, December 23, 2011

Cards Using Vintage Images

Hello!

Last year I was one of the guest designers on the "Digital Two for Tuesday" blog during the Christmas season. Cora posts vintage images that are free to use as artwork in projects and cards. Those of us who took part were given a number of different vintage images as options and were to choose one to create a card around. I chose the one in the photo below, but there were so many great images I saved them in a file and this year I chose to use two of the other images to make the additional cards in the photos that follow.

This is last year's card. I used water color pencils to color the image to stay with the vintage look. The leaves and berries in the border were punched out individually from red and green cardstock and I drew the lines on each leaf and and then outlined both the leaves and the berries in black ink and attached them to the card with glue dots.

One of this year's cards. This image reminded me so much of when I was a child in the 1940's - I loved it when I saw it. This version is without glitter . . . . .

and this version has a red Stickles glitter border outlining the green card stock and glitter also on the scarf and the trim of the outfit. I made one of these for my 92 year-old mother this year.

This was the second image I used this year and this wonderful Santa is my very favorite of them all. I loved the bit of color using the green and red with the rest of the image left in black and white. This version had Stickles red glitter on the berries and on the border all around on top of the red card stock layer. After the first 5 cards I continued to add glitter to the berries but I had to stop doing the border as it took so much time and I made many multiples!

Here are 24 of the cards I mailed out yesterday. You can see why I had to stop adding the Stickles to the border and apply it only to the berries!


You can see all of the great vintage images from this year and check out the December 2010 posts to see those from last year and the awesome cards that were made by the other guest designers at http://digitaltuesday.blogspot.com/ I love the vintage images. Thank you Cora for your kindness in sharing!

We had snow again Wednesday night but it is almost all gone. It seems hard to believe but with the expected forecast for the week days ahead, we may have a Christmas with NO snow. In this part of WI that just does not happen!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope that you have a happy one!

Barbara Diane

1 comment:

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, these are all such great cards. I LOVE that Santa image. TFS.