My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Sunday, December 18, 2011

My "SALT Christmas" Santa Is Finished!

I have finished my Santa - and I love how he turned out!

On my November 16th post I wrote that my sweet blogger friend Duendes was offering a tutorial on her blog "Land of Elves" to make this wonderful little Santa. It was free to those who would leave a comment that they would like to create one for her 'SALT Christmas'. Duendes explained to me that SALT "means to do something together in the distance but with a single purpose". The instuctions were sent to those participating through e-mail in 3 steps. We sent back a photo of our dolls at each stage of construction and then received the next set of instructions. The tutorial began on November 26th and the deadline to send photos of the finished doll is today.

If you have not visited Duendes' delightful blog and met all of the wonderful characters who live in her world you are missing out! Her little ones who live in her world are perfection. The red headed one - Ferruccio - he has my heart! To see all of the wonderful entries from so many bloggers in many different countries, that so far have completed the first two stages of construction, visit her at http://terradeduendes.blogspot.com/ - it will bring a smile to your face and a lift to your spirit!

I can't wait to see all of the end results!


I love this guy! Thank you Duendes for the opportunity - it was great fun!


Thank you for stopping by today! Be sure to check out the entries. It is such fun to see all of the different dolls with each person's personal touch and interpretation! That is art in any form!

Wiahing you a day of creation!

Barbara Diane

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my word!! He is just adorable!!
Hugs, Linda

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, he is so fun. TFS.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Barbara your "salt" Santa is fabulous!! Happy Holidays!

Duendes said...

Hello my friend ,
is absolutely wonderful!!!!
I loved.hugs .