My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Forgot To Post This Photo

Hello!

On an earlier trip to dog sit with Brandy, I posted of the beetles that were attacking their flowers and bushes in the yard. They have now also invaded their vegetable garden and are even in the grass and are destroying the trees. The lovely birch tree by their deck has had almost all it's leaves destroyed. Every day we were there this trip, the deck was covered with more of it's damaged and dead leaves.

My son Jim found this skeleton of what was once a leaf before the beetles got at it - an example of the absolute destruction they are doing to all things green and growing. If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can see clearly that nothing is left but the connecting spine. Amazing and sad. Jim continued to kill each and every bug he found in his quest to save the our friend's trees and flowers, but it was really beyond him to do this.

Take care. Back on Monday! :<)

Barbara Diane

7 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, those must have been some hungry beetles. TFS.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Barbara - so sorry to hear about the destruction caused by the beetles - as you say,it's really sad, and I do hope it can be sorted out somehow.
I have just found your lovely blog whilst hopping around Blogland, and I have to say how wonderful your projects are - the little people you've created are simply amazing - I have never seen anything like them before. You are one talented lady!
Best wishes, Sylvia x

Cami said...

Hi Barbara! Just thought I'd pop in to say "Hello" to you and wish you a wonderful weekend, crafting I hope! Those nasty beetles! Hope your hubby will be able to take care of the situation. Hugs, Cami

Duendes said...

Hi Barbara,I did not know that we were causing a massive destruction like this ....
hope you get a solution soowretches leavesn.thanks for coming to my blog receives it is always a great pleasure big hugs.

Zebiline said...

What a filigree work! The beetles are very hungry. Yes this is amazing and sad.
Hugs Gaby

Mari@ said...

I have never seen anything like this. I'm so sorry... II hope you can find a way to stop all this destruction

Mari@ said...

I've never seen anything like this. I'm so sorry... I hope you can find a way to stop all this destruction