My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, December 7, 2009

5th & 6th Wreath and Part I of Tutorial: Making the Measuring Sheet

Hello!

I hope that you had a nice weekend! We had our first snowfall here in WI on Thursday, with the usual shock of the season's first driving in the snow, shoveling and cleaning off cars, etc. But this weekend was very nice with warmer temperatures and sunshine.

Today I have the last two of the small wreaths to share. The first is the one Jim chose and he wanted it to be plain with just the patterned paper and some ribbon.


This one he had me decorate for one of the workers at the group home where he is living. She is very good to all the people there and goes above and beyond. Thank you Tina! :<) This one I decorated with punched snowflakes, small punched flowers and pearls.



Part I: Making A Origami Wreath - the Measuring Sheet for the Wreath

This sheet is used to measure the fold lines in the squares that are used to make the wreath. It will take 13 squares to make your wreath - 1 cut from copy paper for the measuring sheet and 12 squares of your paper of choice for the interlocking pieces that will make your wreath. You can use any size that you like - I used 6" squares for my smaller wreaths and 12" squares for the larger ones.

1. Take the copy paper square and lay it flat.

2. Fold it in half.

3. Fold that half in half again.

4. Fold that in half again.

5. This first fold will be used to measure your squares when creating you pieces for the wreath.

Thanks for stopping by today!

I will post Part II: Making A Origami Wreath tomorrow.

Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane

3 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

I love this reath with the added snowflake touch!!!! TFS!!! Hugs and a great Holiday to you!!!!

Jackie Thomas said...

Great tutorial Barbara. Will certainly give it a go. xo Jackie

Fayette said...

I love this snowflake rainbowish wreath---really pretty!
Fayette