My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Thursday, December 3, 2009

My 3rd Origami Wreath

Hello!

My 3rd origami wreath was working out of the box for me. It was way out of my comfort zone - especially when it came time to decorate it. This is not a color combination that I would normally use in a project, but the papers were all part of an SU holiday DP packet and so I knew that they would all go together. I just wasn't sure what color to use for the accessories after the wreath was assembled. I finally decided on the brown and then used one of the lighter papers to pop the centers. I liked the end result.

This is the first of the larger wreaths I made in my wreath marathon. :<) I used a 12 x12 sheet for each piece. There are 12 pieces in each wreath so that took 12 full sheets of DP to make, but it looks great when finished. The finished wreath is 12" across and a nice size to hang on the wall, door, etc. Just be sure to make the hanger secure! :<)


I cut out the snowflakes from the printed paper that was the backside of the light green print that I had used in the wreath. I layered a medium sized snowflake onto a larger one and then punched out a small snowflake from the snowflake print paper I had used in the wreath (left side between the stripe and the dark green print) - centering one of the small images from that paper in each punched snowflake - choosing two red, two light green and two dark green images for the centers.





Thanks for stopping by!

I am working on the remaining large wreath and two smaller wreaths so may have those to share with you tomorrow and post the tutorial on Monday as it is quite long.

Barbara Diane

5 comments:

helen said...

Hi Barbara,

Isn't origami fun? I made one wreath last night from printing papers. I was thinking of use 12x12 pattern papers, but not SU papers though, DCWV would be great.

Your latest wreath is beautiful. You are so generous with your DSP.

Rhonda Miller said...

These origami wreaths are great. I love the papers you've used and the embellishments. What a festive addition to the holiday.

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

Barbara your origami wreaths are absolutely gorgeous!!Wow what talent!
Hugs Sherrie

Unknown said...

The wreath is wonderful!! Please mail me your adress, then I will send you the link for the Santa Boot.
Bye Irene from Germany
irenewendlandt@web.de

Jackie Thomas said...

Wow, your on a roll. These wreaths look amazing. Have a wondeful weekend. xo Jackie