My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Special Gift

Hello!

I wanted to make a special gift for my friends here at the apartment building where I live - people who have been here for many years and were residents when I came here to live over 9 years ago. There are not many still living here - lots of new faces and a very much different atmosphere now. We have all lost many good friends over the years. So this Christmas I wanted to give them something special and personal. 

I love the snow globes that you can insert your own artwork or photos inside and as the blizzard we recently had - with 19.5 inches of snow in one day - was quite dramatic, I decided to make them a snow globe with photos that I took on the grounds of the apartment building after the snowstorm. Sort of a memory connected to our home. Many residents had asked me for copies of photos when they saw me out in the snow with my camera. We seniors like things like that. :<) Each snow globe has a different photo on each side and each person's snow globe has different photos. On the bottom of each one it says "Voss Haus - Blizzard of 2012 - 19.5" of snow". It was difficult to photograph them for my post but they turned out lovely and everyone seemed delighted when them saw them - big smiles and all loved the personal touch. That made ME happy so good feelings all around! :<)






Thank you for stopping by today to visit my blog! I am trying to get organized here today - not much hope of creating anything new as I have to be out and about and I still have to finish some candy cane elves I didn't get done before Christmas. Oh well, there is always next year and I will have made the pair and will know how they are assembled. Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane

7 comments:

Linda said...

What a lovely gift, I think they love it
hugs linda

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun idea. I'll bet they loved them.

Sue from Oregon said...

What a very memorable giftie Barbara Diane! So very thoughtful!

debby4000 said...

Oh what beautiful snowglobes Barbara.
luv
debby

Elizabeth Allan said...

Barbara your gift is so unique. Love the fact that you personalized the globes with pictures from your area and added the caption. Fabulous remembrance!

Ann English said...

Barbara-wonderful! You sure have been a busy girl creating some fabulous things!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Almost 20 inches of snow in one day? That is insane! It made for some beautiful photos that is for sure. That was very inspired to put the photos into snow globes. What a wonderful and thoughtful keepsake!