My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Santa Suit Candy Bar Wrap

Hello!

Here is the candy bar cover that I posted about yesterday on my WOYW? post. I call it a Santa Suit Candy Bar Wrap as I saw this idea on Pinterest but was unable to find it again to get a name for the project. I love it and have made 12 of them now to give as small gifts to my friends. They are so easy and fun to make and make a colorful Christmas gift!

To start you need a candy bar and when I saw these Million Dollar Bars I thought how perfect - a gift of a million dollars! Wow!


Then you need some red cardstock - glitter paper would have been even better - some black cardstock and a bit of sparkly gold paper. That's it. For the suit cut the red paper in a 6" x 6" square (you can get two candy bar covers from a 12" x 12" sheet of cardstock) and the belt is a 6" x 1 1/2" strip. For the buckle I used two square paper punches - punching one outside the other (punch the small square first and then punch the larger one around that cutout). Wrap the candy bar with the red cardstock and using an adhesive of choice, glue the overlaping edge (I use paper tape). Then wrap the black strip around the middle for the belt and glue and then attach the buckle.. Easy peasy and so much fun to make and give! 




Yesterday I found this version of a million dollar bar - so much fun. Now I have to make 6 more!


Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today! Wishing you a happy one!

Barbara Diane

7 comments:

Linda said...

What a lovely creation
hugs Linda

Lisa Jane said...

oh these make fabulous gifts!
Lisa x

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun idea. They turned out so cute.

Unknown said...

BABARA
THIS IS WONDERFUL A GREAT IDEA


BEST WISHES FOR CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR
LOVE SHIRLEY
X X X

Unknown said...

WONDERFUL BARBARA

Elizabeth Allan said...

A delicious million dollar design Barbara!

Beate said...

I love your candy wrapper!!!
Hugs and smiles