My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sassy Cheryl's Snowmen Make Great Cards!

Hello!

We have snow here in this part of WI today! A winter storm is on the way to reach here tomorrow afternoon and continue Thursday - at this point in time 9.5 inches is expected, but one never knows. Had to go out in the snowfall this morning and it was pretty bad for awhile there - heavy snow and could not see very far ahead on the road. I intend to stay home now until I have to go out on Friday.

I an very far behind this year in making my Christmas cards and will be sending out commercial cards to many for the first time in many years - difficult times here and not able to get much time creating. But I did get  a few made the other day using some of Sassy Cheryl's digital images of her wonderful snowmen. I am entering one in her current challenge of "Snowmen!!!!!!!" and another on her blog for her "Show Me" post.  Go to  http://sassycherylschallenge.blogspot.com/ and http://sassycheryls.blogspot.com/ to see them all and be inspired!





My Amaryllis has  bloomed! It ha 4 beautiful flowers and it is the first time I have had one this color. I have one every year at Christmas time and in the past they have been either red or orange. This one is white with a lovely shade of pink. The first photos I took this morning so you can see the snow in the background and the last photo was taken a couple of days ago in the late afternoon sunshine.




Thank you for stopping by today to visit my blog! Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane

9 comments:

Mrs A. said...

We have 4 days of torential rain expected. do not know which is worst that or snow. Would love to havr an Amarylis in red or orange. The pink you are showing is the most common colour here in England. Only ever had one that gave me two flowers. The rest have been singles. You must have very green fingers!! Have a super Chirstmas and I wish you Joy for the New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

jkreucher said...

OMgosh! you have really been a busy little bee with all of these fantastic Sassy Snowmen cards! Love these great colors and your wonderful coloring!
thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl Snowman challenge this week!
Judy
p.s. you can keep the snow in your area:) stay in and be safe!

Darnell said...

Your snowman cards with the whimsical images by Cheryl are just adorable, Barbara Diane!

Thank you for sharing your incredible Amaryllis! It's so cool that you have FOUR flowers!!

I hope the storm isn't too bad. We loved the WI white Christmases when the kids lived in Madison (plus, I grew up in Iowa), but I know it is beautiful - up.to.a.point!

Happy Holidays! May your new year be less difficult and may you have more time for creating! Darnell

Linda said...

What a lovely cards. The flower is also very beautiful my mum loves that flowers so much
hugs Linda

debby4000 said...

Adorable and gorgeous snowmen cards Barbara and your Amaryllis is beautiful.
luv
Debby

Sassy Cheryl said...

Well, it certainly seems like you are going to be having a white Christmas!
Stay safe. . .and warm!
These cards are FABULOUS! Now they won't get lonely! :) Just beautifully done. . .as always Barbara.
Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's Snowman challenge this week.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Well, you know I LOVE it. . .and please, whatever you do, PLEASE keep the snow. I'll just look at the pictures and smile. ;)
Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week.

Sue from Oregon said...

These are so fun Barbara! And I can smell your flower from here!!!

Dawn said...

ok now... those are just too CUTE!! great job with all those snowmen! beautiful flower too!
thanks for playing our Sassy Cheryl's challenge!