My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Friday, December 21, 2012

Aftermath of Blizzard - 19.5 inches of Snow!



Hello!

I posted photos yesterday of our blizzard and now that it is over we officially had 19.5 inches of snow fall here during the storm and more last night, along with strong winds and dropping temperatures. I took these photos early this morning when I went out to clean off my car - again - and it was very cold and windy. The sun was just coming up and so most everything was still in shadow. The winds had created strange shapes and mounds all around. When I first looked out my windows I saw a long ridge run the length of the building and outside the drifts were everywhere. Our poor trees with their branches hanging down to the ground - the snow was so heavy in the storm and now the branches are frozen to the ground where they touched. You can see here how high the snow is piled - in front of my clean car - at the edges of our parking lot











I made a few more Santa candy bar holders - a little different style this time with added buttons. This wraps around a Million Dollar candy bar and they make great gifts!




Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today! Wishing you a great weekend!


Barbara Diane

8 comments:

Helen said...

Hello Barbara,

OMG! almost 2 feet of snow already and this is only the beginning.

I love your Santa wrap. Warm wishes for the holiday.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

WOW!!! My little Georgia girl brain just can't imagine! Gorgeous though! And the little candy bars are so cute! Merry Christmas!

Linda said...

The snow photo's are so beautiful and I love the Santa candy wrappers
hugs Linda

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, that looks like stay inside with come hot cocoa weather. Your candy bar wrappers are so cute this way. I love the added buttons.

Patty Bennett said...

I think you need a trip to California.... i can't even comprehend that much snow!! Stay warm!!

okienurse said...

OMG! So much snow! The year I moved to colorado it snowed 30 in in 24 hours on Christmas Eve...I was ready to move! Stay warm. Merry Christmas!

Chicco said...

Wow! What a lot of snow!
Merry Christmas dear Barbara
and a 2013 full of happiness and joy!!!
A big hug to all of you.
Woof, woof,

Chicco & family

Mo Manning said...

Wow, Barbara!!! That is some lovely snowfall :) I hope your warm weather tomorrow clears the rest of it out (must be "not quite so pretty" by now.) Anyway, lots of time left this winter for another good snow! xoxoMo