My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Friday, April 20, 2012

A Butterfly Card

Hello!

I love butterflies - and I found this wonderful paper just in time to use it to create my card entry for Sassy Cheryl's current challenge where the theme is "Butterflies" and the inspirations created by the design team are colorful and fun! Just like butterflies! Go to visit Cheryl's blog to see them all and enter your own butterfly creation!  http://sassycherylschallenge.blogspot.com/


I used Sassy Chery's digital image "You Are My Sunshine" - isn't this a wonderful image? Love it so much and have been wanting to use it. The little cut out butterflies are popped up - one on her shoe, one at her neckline, one to the left of her skirt and one on the sun.
On Monday I will show you the project I made to go with the card. Can you guess what it is?


Thank you for coming to visit my blog today! I am trying hard to keep up with replying to all of your kind comments - I love hearing from you! Wishing you a happy weekend!

Barbara Diane

11 comments:

Linda said...

What a cutie I love the sun on your card
hugs Linda

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fabulous card. I love how you cut out some of the butterflies and made them look 3D. TFS.

Sassy Cheryl said...

Oh, I just LOVE the butterfly on the sunshines nose. Too stink in' cute. It's beautiful.
Thanks for playing in the Butterflies challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's .

Elizabeth Allan said...

Barbara Diane your card was the perfect fit for my rainy day! How fun to come here and get some of your beautiful rays of sun!

Sue from Oregon said...

Super cute...Such a happy card...!

Hey, I will stamp you some lawn mower man if you would like.
Sue

Tracy said...

Yep, I'd say you found THE perfect paper for that challenge. :-) You matched your colors wonderfully too on the image. Beautifully done Barbara Diane! Hugs!

jkreucher said...

Love your use of these tiny butterflies... cute as can be! thanks for the smile. this is one of my fave images! your coloring is awesome!
thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl butterflies Challenge this week!
Judy

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Very nice and yes-the popped up butterflies look real and are an awesome touch! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Sharon

Auntie Em said...

This is soooo cute! I love the different size butterflies you used for the background. Great colouring on your little sunshine lady!

Thank you for sharing this fun card! :)

Julie said...

Gorgeous card - love the bright colours and design! Hugs, Juliexx

Ann English said...

Seven million times?! Wow! Glad you were persistent! Great card!!!
Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!