My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Bear Update

The little bear is coming along nicely. She doesn't have her nose yet so she has a "caught-in-the-headlight" look. This is a pattern called "Love Sick" by Monica Spicer and she is a cutie! :<} I love to sew patterns that have something different or a technique that I have not tried. In this pattern stitching is done on the outside of the inside elbow :<} after it is stuffed to bend it further and I also did this on the inside of the knee of the raised leg to pull it back further. I love working in wool felt - it is the fabric of choice for me for both my cloth dolls and animals - and it is interesting to see the difference in the finished product. Especially in the bears as it allows the shape of the body to be seen more clearly. When using it in the dolls however, I also have to take in account that it makes them larger because of the thickness of the felt in comparison to a cloth fabric so the clothes patterns need to be altered. I think that I shall call this bear "Susie" as it seems to fit. The finished bear wears clothes and a hat and I will post those photos later. :<} She is a cutie and I will love having her in my studio!

No comments: