My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Friday, March 16, 2007

"Dee Dee & Howard and Olive & Stan" and "The Big Sort"












I missed posting yesterday for the first time - my brother Dick and his wife Bonnie came to visit! It was so very nice to see them, as he is my favorite (only) brother :<} and she is a sister to me. It has been a long time since we have spent some time together and they only had the day and then they had to drive back home, so the time went by too fast! But hopefully when the weather is nicer they can come again for an overnight. :<} They took me out to lunch and that was great as I love to go out to eat! :<} It was fun to show them all the dolls that have been created since they were last here. Especially the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs set. :<} I also was able to give them their late Christmas present and happy to hear from Bonnie that the group made the trip to their house without mishap! The first photo above is one of the group - "Dee Dee & Howard and Olive & Stan". They are made from an EPB pattern and are stump dolls. They were great fun to make and I am so happy that they are now in their new home, where I understand that they sit by my sister-in-law's computer, where they can keep an eye on her! :<} But I think that I will now have to make a person to sit by my brother's computer because he and Bonnie each have their own computer room and he needs watching also! I thought of what it will be today and it will be perfect I think! :<} The other two photos are a 'before' and 'after' of some of the bookcases in my studio after 'the big sort' that was done just before they went home. I went through everything in a badly needed sorting and sent home their van full of books and fabrics and all manner of things with them for eBay and a garage sale. :<} I don't know if you can see the difference, but believe me - have of what was there before is now gone! It was great for me but I thing a bit overwhelming for them! I am extremely grateful! :<}












No comments: