My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Tedious Task
















Today was acomplicated day - so a day for simple and quiet tasks. I did some laundry, mixed up my bread for the bread machine and sorted all the things that I had taken out of all the drawer units that I sent home with Dick and Bonnie yesterday. The worst of the chaos, and what took me the longest to sort, were all the various lengths of embroidery thread and the partly used perle cotton skeins that had been all pushed together in the drawers over the past six months after working on projects and now resembled large "nests". Now, after hastily shoving them into yet another drawer yesterday they were in such chaos that I was very tempted to just toss them away! Can't do that, too much money involved. So today I spent literally hours sorting it all by same color and combining loose pieces of the embroidery thread together and pulling it through holes in cardboard lengths so I could see what I had when I wanted to use it and untangling and then re-winding the skeins of perle cotton onto cardboard squares. I was very, very glad when this tedious but necessary sorting was finished. It was a lot of work but now the drawere are looking good and I can acutually see what I have! :<}

No comments: