My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Friday, March 2, 2007

"Jim's Special Delivery"











My oldest son Jim is visiting me and staying for the weekend. He lives in a group home and likes to come to visit and work on projects. I have been working on a "Jim" doll pattern for some time now, but because of revisions and having to make other dolls for a workshop this Sunday, I have not yet been able to finish it. Jim kept asking when it would be done and he was getting a little antsy waiting so I told him I would make a different "Jim" doll while he was here. Yesterday and today were devoted to making this new doll and I just finished with him. His name, given to him by his namesake, is "Jim's Special Delivery" and he was a hit! :<} I hope that he brings a smile to your face. I had to improvise with what I had here as we are in another snow storm so there was no option of a trip to Michael's, etc. so I made the basket from a doll house rug, the grass is wool roving and the chicks are little bells. It works. :<}

No comments: