My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Good Start on the Shirley Temple Doll

The body parts for the Shirley Temple doll are all sewed and turned. I didn't get them stuffed as I was planning to do, but forgot that I had an appointment today and also errands to run and a trip to the library to stock up on more books. Also, I keep forgetting how long this process takes - to draw the patterns, cut them out and sew them. I am making the doll from the wool felt and I think she is going to turn out well. The head has four pieces - a 2-piece head back, a face and a long side piece that is sewn around the entire head and connects the face and back of the head. This I have not done before, so it was interesting. I love to try new ways of making things and new techiques and look for this when I am purchasing a pattern. I don't think that I will get much work done on the doll tomorrow as my brother and sister-in-law are coming to visit me and spend the day, so I will be doing other fun things with them. I am excited that they are coming and will be happy to see them as we are not able to get together often. It will be fun to have them see all the new creations in the studio since they last were here and they are coming to pick up their 2006 Christmas present as I did not want it to be damaged in the mail! I will post a photo of it tomorrow. Maybe they will pose with it for me. :<}

No comments: