My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Friday, March 23, 2007

First Doll In My Search for a Child Doll Pattern For A Shirley Temple Doll





















Because of my desire to make a Shirley Temple doll, I have found myself on a search for a child doll pattern that works best for the doll that I have in my mind's eye. One that will give me a doll that will "look" like Shirley Temple to me. So, I have decided to make all the various patterns that I have been able to find that may give me the finished product I am looking for and this is the first doll that I have finished. She is 18" tall and has a front face piece, a 2-piece back of the head and a long gusset that connects the two. Hopefully, as I finish the different dolls and can see what each style of head, arms, etc. actually looks like when it is finished, I can compare until I find the doll pattern I will use for my Shirley Temple doll or create my own pattern using the techniques that I learn from making these various dolls. These are all great patterns and I am sure that this is going to be fun! :<}

No comments: