My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, June 7, 2010

An Awesomely Beautiful Card

Hello!

Today I have this beautiful card to share with you that was a surprise gift to me by my good blogger friend Carol from http://chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy.blogspot.com/ From the first time I saw her creations on her wonderful blog, I have been in awe. Her cards are the most fantastic works of art that will have you wanting to see more. The detail of the layout and the accessories, the color combinations, the equisite cutouts and edgings - each one has you looking at it for a long time to take it all in.

The most amazing thing about Carol's cards are that the inside is as beautiful and detailed as the card front AND the envelope is also crafted by Carol and just as lovely as the card! If you have not seen Carol's blog - "Chocolate Crafts, And Bears, Oh My!" you are missing a treat! Go there now and see her wonderful cards and projects and leave her a comment to say hello. :<)

And now I own one of her cards and I am so excited! Believe me when I say that the card in real life is even more beautiful than in the photos! The card measures 6" square and the envelope 6 1/2". I have taken the photos a little dark in an attempt to show the amazing depth and detail. Check out those flowers! Thank you Carol! I love my card! :<)

The front of the Envelope! :<)

The back.

The front of the card.

The inside of the card.

The back of the card.

Side views to show you a bit of the depth and detail.


Thanks for stopping by today! And thank you again Carol for this wonderful gift! :<)

Wishing you a happy day today!

Barbara Diane

12 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is a great card. It must have put a BIG smile on your face. I'm off to check out her blog.

Creations by Patti said...

Goodness........this is a work of art, for sure!!!
Fabulous - am loving all the details on it and the fun punch...I recognize it. Love that!!! I was thinking to purchase that Martha butterfly punch - now I am convinced I should - it adds so much depth to the card. The flowers are so fabulous!!! TFS such great inspiring work!
Have a great day!!!
Patti

Love crafts forever said...

O WOW!!!!!!!! This is amazing job.
Absolutely stunning. Thanks for the link, i will go and check her blog.
Thanks for the sweetnest on my blog. Have a good day Barbara. Big hug, Nataliya.

Helen said...

Wow, the card really is stunning! Look at all the details that she had put into making this card. Special card for a special person like you. Love it!

Unknown said...

Wowsa, what a great gift!

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous, the flowers are fabulous. Kim

Shirley-Anne said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful card gift .
What an inspiring blog you have . all the projects on the right hand side are so fantastic . I really enjoyed the visit

Anonymous said...

Marvelous card.

Michelle said...

Hi Barbara
Oh my what a lucky lady you are to receive such a beautiful card. So much love and work has gone in to creating this.
I hope all is well with you.

Carol Hurlock said...

Hey Barbara:
Well lookie here...what do my wondering eyes should appear??? lol You make my card look awesome. I am so happy that you like it and that you are enjoying it. It makes me happy and fills my heart with joy to know that it has brought a little piece of happiness and sunshine to your corner of the world dear friend. You deserve it!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Sylvia from Minnesota said...

What a treat to get one of her cards, thanks for sharing and turning me onto her blog. Wow!

Sandra Shimizu said...

Thank you so much for stop by my blog. Your cards are absolutely adorable. Thanks for inspiration.
hugs