My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Milk Carton Birdhouse & Little Bird

Hello!

Isn't this the cutest little bird! :<) You can find the tutorial for "Silly Bird" on the wonderfully creative blog Paper Punch Addiction at http://www.paperpunchaddiction.com/ When I saw this crazy little bird, I knew that I had to make one for myself immediately! :<) I loved how he turned out, but now he needed a birdhouse! I had recently put together my first Milk Carton Box using a tutorial - I don't have the die - and it was sitting on my work table until I could think of something to use it for. My Silly Bird needed a birdhouse. Perfect! You can find the tutorial that I used to make this box at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/milk_carton_box/

In my last post I said that I had re-created some flowers from the pattern on this paper I loved, using paper punches. So here is the Silly Bird, the Milk Carton Box and my re-created flowers from the BoBunny paper. I hope that you enjoy! He makes me smile everytime I look at him sitting there and I am sure he is only the first of many I will make! :<)





Thanks for stopping by today!

I apologize for not making my rounds of blogs recently to see what you are all doing and to leave a comment, but real life has been chaotic here for the past many weeks and then came to a crisis and I am now still dealing with issues. I am mentally and physically exhausted by it all but so grateful that I have my blog and my projects and my dolls to keep my mind occupied with something other than these concerns and reading your lovely comments and e-mails just makes my day and keeps me going! :<) So thank you again for your kindness and I will be back to visiting your blogs soon! Wishing you a good day today!

Tomorrow I have photos of the card that accompanies the bird/birdhouse.

Barbara Diane

11 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

OMG! This is so cute. I love every little bit of it. GORGEOUS!!!!!!
Hugs, Nataliya.

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness!! I love this birdhouse and what a cute birdie. TFS.

Duendes said...

hi,your blog is very nice,come visit me in (terradeduendes.blogspot.com).
hugs

Helen said...

The bird is sooo cute! not a trace of silly at all. Awesome, awesome creations!

I heard you my friend, mentally and physically exhausted. Thank goodness to blogging! Take good care of yourself.

Hugs,

Helen

Mary said...

Oh Barbara,
This is soooooooo cute! I love the bird. I would love a chance to craft with all my talented blog friends. You always have such great ideas. I am having a very hard time getting into my craft room this summer. I hope to be back soon. Until then I will just enjoy your beautiful work.

Kylie said...

Sorry to hear you've got struggles this week Barbara. Crafting obviously helps you and what a creation it is too! Love that cheeky little bird. Hope everything sorts itself out soon.

Hugs, Kylie xo

Kim said...

I have that mini milk carton die and hadn't thought about making a birdhouse with it. I'll be sure to pair that with my birdie! Thanks for giving me credit on my birdie.

Unknown said...

I am seriously in awe!!!! This is truly one of my favorite projects ever!

Whatever is going on to make your life chaotic I hope you hang in there and that all will be well! I'll be thinking of you :)

Mari@ said...

Hi Barbara and thank you to follow my blog and for your visit. Your blog is very nice. I'll follow you with pleasure. "Baci" ;)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME Barbara! Totally delightful creations!
Pam Going Postal

Carol Hurlock said...

Oh my gosh Barbara, this is so fun and happy. I love this design and your papers are gorgeous. What a cute little gift idea. Just so clever and amazing.

Bear Hugs,
Carol