My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Friday, June 18, 2010

Hello!

So there they were - the two Happy Harrys - one completed, one still not assembled, one with hair, one bald.

The pattern called for the hair to be made using fake fur - which I did not have as I dislike working with it. So I decided to use yarn I had on hand and the only black I had was a large braided yarn - and creating the hair using this was 'by the seat of my pants' all the way! :<) That is why no photos of the HH #1 during this process as I was so busy trying to figure this out by trial and error that I didn't think of stopping to take photos until his hair was completed. So here is how I created the hair - using HH #2 as the model.

First the yarn is attached to the head in sections. Thank goodness I attached the ruffle around his neck BEFORE starting the hair - wasn't so smart with HH #1. :<)





All the sections have now been attached. This is a bulky yarn with the large braid - so now I have to start to unravel each length of yarn to create more of an illusion of hair. Took a LONG time to do this and lots of excess yarn came loose - which pretty much stuck to everything, including me and my clothes, the table, the doll, etc. You get the picture. But I kept going! :<)




Am I looking good yet?




Now I start to trim the yarn to give him his 'hair cut' - HH #2 has a bit thicker hair style. That is what is fun about hand made items - no two are exactly alike. I prefer to think of it as each doll has their own personality - no matter what the creator does. :<)


Thanks for stopping by today! I will post the photos of the two completed Happy Harrys later today as family issues have interrupted my life and so the photos were not taken yesterday and I cannot do it until later today.

Until then, have a happy day. We have had thunder storms and severe weather here and it is to continue into today.

Barbara Diane

2 comments:

Cami said...

Hi Barbara Diane! I know, it's been a while huh? Wow! Love all the pics of you in action making one of your fab dolls. You are so talented! Your dolls are awesome! You put so much love into making them and it shows. Such talent you have and you also do paper crafting! You should publish a book...or do you already have one? Hugs, Cami

Mary said...

OMGosh, these are soooooooo cute! I LOVE them!