My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Harry - The Hands

Hello!

I hope that you all had a nice weekend!

Today I have the photos of sewing Harry's hands. Because he is a small doll, his hands are only about 1 1/2" across - so sewing and turning the tiny fingers can be a bit tricky. Thank goodness Jill's patterns are always accurate so that makes it all so much less stressful. :<)

The hands are drawn on the fabric and ready to sew.

The hands are sewn and ready to be cut out.

Now they are turned right side out and the fingers formed.

Pipe cleaners are inserted into the fingers and tied at the wrist - to be trimmed later when inserted into the arms. A bit of stuffing will also be added to fill out the hands.



Thanks for stopping by!

Wishing you a good day today! Here in this part of WI we have rain and thunderstorms forecast again for today and tomorrow. Rain this past weekend . . . . so much rain! :<)

Tomorrow I have photos of choosing the fabric for and the sewing of Happy Harry's body, arms and hat. Now we add some color! :<)

Barbara Diane

7 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

Hi Barbara. Your work is AMAZING. It is so much fun to see how little people come to life.
Hugs, Nataliya.

Rhonda Miller said...

Barbara, thanks for sharing the process. I can see a lot goes into these little people.

Helen said...

Hello Barbara,
I don't know how you sew something so small so perfectly. I assumed you would be hand stitches the doll hands. Sewing them, Phew! I have a sewing machine but when I needed to sew something most of the time I hand stitched it. You are awesome at what you did.

Creations by Patti said...

OMG - the journey is getting better and better.........TFS,

Happy Monday from SF, Patti

Unknown said...

Wow! I couldn't even imagine using a machine on something that small and intricate! You are very talented :)

LINDA said...

Boy there is so much work going into this.. Cant wait to see it when its done..
Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

hi barbara. i found your blog recently whilst hunting down ideas for magic gift boxes. you really are a very talented lady. i just wanted to let you know i was inspired by your cake box and have cased it for a friend's birthday gift. here's the link: http://craftycowcreations.blogspot.com/2010/06/magical-magic-boxes.html
many thanks for the inspiration!

clare