My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Harry - The Journey Begins

Hello!

It has been a long time away from my dolls - this blog and creating cards and paper crafts had taken priority over the past many months. Finally, I have again begun to create some little people and thought you might like to take the journey with me.

I wanted to get back in the groove, so to speak, with a pattern that was fun and not so difficult but yet had some challenge to it. "Happy Harry Have A Heart" fit these requirements, as he is funny and cute and there is some face sculpting. I originally was going to make him last winter for a Christmas gift. The pattern is by Jill Maas and I love her patterns - they are so well written and the characters she creates are wonderful! :<) So I begin.

Happy Harry pattern and head pieces drawn, pinned and ready to sew. I am using a fleece material and as the pieces are so small I will not cut them out until I have sewn around them. As you can see, there are double number of pieces drawn - as true to form, I decided to make two of them in case one didn't work out and I wanted to share the process with you. :<) Plus, the photo on the pattern shows a pair!

Just wanted to show you how well the scrap catcher I made is working out! :<) It is just the right size to sit on my sewing table and right where I need it - slide the little pieces in or drop in the cut threads - love it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Tomorrow the heads are sewn, cut out and stuffed.

Barbara Diane

4 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, how fun. I can't wait to see Happy Harry come together. TFS.

LINDA said...

What a great idea, to share the steps of making this Happy Harry.. Cant wait to see the end results..
Hugs, Linda

Creations by Patti said...

glad to be on your journey.......these people are your works of art and loving hands!!! hugs, Patti

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh how exciting, I can't wait to see the next chapter in these sweeties. Hugs xo Jackie