My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Raisin Box Make Over

Hello!

I have started sewing again - working on two small dolls - and I wanted to make a container to set on my table next to my machine to put all the little threads, pieces of material, etc. that one continually gathers when sewing.

I looked around to see what I could use and spied one of the empty raisin boxes I have been saving to use as possible projects for my blog. I make my own bread and raisin bread is my favorite so I always have these boxes at hand. Some have squared corners and some have the rounded corners - as in the one I used.

So here is my new small 'table waste basket' I guess you could call it. It works great! :<)




Thanks for stopping by today!

Wishing you a great week!

Barbara Diane

9 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

Beautiful project Barbara. Stunning work. Hugs, Nataliya.

Joani McDonald said...

Oh, this is much too pretty to use as a waste basket of any kind Ü
Beautiful, as all your creations are.
Hugs,
Joani

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this looks great. I just goes to show, don't throw things away. TFS.

Helen said...

Wow, Barbara, your waste basket looks great! It could hold treats and there is a challenge

http://papercubed.blogspot.com/2010/06/june-challenge-is-treat.html

You might want to enter that. It's beautiful.

Creations by Patti said...

Oh Barb,

I am lovin the paper that was used for this wastebasket. Who makes it - the colors are so happy and warm! And, this is the wastebasket? - wow - lucky scraps!

Hugs,
P

Carla said...

Super fast and super lovely! Very nice!

Lavender and old lace said...

oh my what beautiful work you produce, as my mum would have said, making a silk purse out of a sows ear, I love to pop over to you and see what you are up to, and I get to look at (shy guy)at the same time, sorry rambling on, love Dorothy

Zebiline said...

°!° WOW! I love this basket!! A great recycling Project with beautiful colors.

Hugs Gaby

Carol Hurlock said...

Love this, what a cute idea.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}